On each of our trips we like to stop for refreshments to rest the arms, stretch the legs and refuel the body. The fuel comes in 2 forms, hot drinks and our very tasty home-made cookies. Up until now the cookie recipe has been a closely guarded secret but due to popular demand we are now releasing the recipe so you can make them at home and savour the flavour as you recall your incredible adventure.
Of course if you don’t fancy making them yourself you can always come along for a kayaking adventure and enjoy a fresh batch!
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Oatmeal
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 75g Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp milk
- A drop of vanilla essence
- Chocolate chips
- Pre-heat fan oven to 150C
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (Flour, Oatmeal, Sugar)
- Mix wet ingredients in a small pot, to melt butter and mix together
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. (if the mix is dry add a splash of cold water)
- Throw in some chocolate chips or raisins to jazz it up if you wish
- Place the mix on a non-stick baking tray and roll to desired thickness, use cookie cutter to cut out approx 20 cookies
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, or burn mouth due to impatience and desire to scoff due to incredible cookie aroma!